Nominations are due Friday, 5-April, 2019
Dear fellow FBI LA CAAA colleagues,
As your Nomination Committee (“NC”) Chairperson, it is an honor to officially share with you the 2019-2021 election process.
We are looking for a few good folks to take on the tradition of leadership in fulfilling our open Board Seats.
Before I get into the process, I’d like to share with you a personal note. I was a board member for 2 terms and found this period to be an incredibly rewarding experience. The partnerships we created across the US and the world with our colleagues at the FBI and the FBI National Citizens Academy are life long and make me proud to be in our organization. While being a board member does take time and effort, together we are a force multiplier in achieving our mission statement.
This is how you can make a difference with the FBI LA CAAA by applying as a board candidate.
Recruiting board members is an exciting and time-honored tradition with FBI LA CA AA.
Below are a few qualities we are seeking that a successful candidate will possess.
- Integrity: demonstrating zero tolerance for unethical behavior, both for themselves and their colleagues.
- Independence: Having no unique business, financial or personal relationships that create even the perception of a conflict of interest.
- Mature Confidence: Speaking out and actively participating in board and committee deliberations.
- Corporate Manners: Recognizing the difference between productively participating in discussions and counter-productively dominating deliberations through the volume or length of comments. Must be able to work with members to create workable compromises.
- A Sense of Context: Making relevant informed comments focused on the specific aspect of the issue being considered. Must be able to stay in topic.
- Courage: Willingness to do the right thing/make the right decision even if it’s difficult or unpopular.
- Commitment: Understanding that being an effective board member requires the time, the heart, and the standards to make an enterprise successful.
We know all of you possess the above qualities and more, so please consider applying or nominating a colleague. Send all nominations confidentially to: NomCom@FBILACAAA.org
Attached is the application form, 2019-2021, and we are eager to hear from you. Nominations are due Friday, 5-April, 2019
To Participate in the Elections
You must be certified and current in your dues. All graduates from 2014 to present are automatically certified unless you received notification from FBI LA CAAA stating otherwise. Graduates prior to 2014 who have been re-certified per FBI requirements over the past 5-years, will also be able to participate.
If you are an Annual member or a “non-member” you can become a Member by going to our website and click on DONATE (https://fbilacaaa.org/donations/); you will be able to select Lifetime or Annual Membership and process payment via our secure PayPal portal either using your PayPal account OR a credit card. Alternatively you can contact Tommy.Papa@FBILACAAA.org directly he can process for you. This must be completed by 31-March, 2019 and you will need to have a receipt dated as such and be able to present upon request. If you recently upgraded your membership or joined in the past 12 months please send a copy of the receipt to Finance@FBILACAAA.org and also Membership@FBILACAAA.org
- Nominations Committee (NC) was established in January 2019
- NC is looking to elect all 11 Directors slots as well as 2 Alternate Directors for a 2-year term, 2019-2021. There will be a number of incumbents that will be submitting their nomination for consideration.
- NC will solicit nominations from the certified & current FBI LA CAAA members – Feb/Mar 2019. Nominations are due Friday, 5-April, 2019
- NC will review the nominations and submit to FBI LA for comment and approval for the nominee – April 2019
- NC will establish a ballot and send to the membership electronically on or before 28-April, 2019 to your private FBI LA CAAA email address (see below)
- Member Meeting Wednesday, 12-June, 2019 will determine the final elections; Location TBD
- Newly elected individuals will take their place as a director 1-July
- The new board will convene within the first two weeks of July and determine the specific positions of the board.
It is with great appreciation and honor that we seek your candidacy.
Nicholas G. Rumanes
FBI LA CAAA
Executive Board Member 2014-18
Nominations Committee Chairperson 2019
P.S. Also, you should all be receiving this email at BOTH your personal email address we have on file for you and your private email at the FBI LA CAAA account. Your email (login) for your FBI LA CAAA email is through gmail and is structured as:
PASSWORD: What was provided to you OR what you changed it to
You will receive the ballot electronically to your private FBI LACAAA email. Remember to send all nominations confidentially to: NomCom@FBILACAAA.org
Directions to Access Private Account
Go into your Gmail account (if you have one) and click at the top right on your image or initials, go to ADD ACCOUNT, enter your respective credentials. If you do not have a Gmail account. go to www.gmail.com and go to email and sign in using your credentials. That’s it!! Then you will have access to all the great features that Google provides for enterprises and non-profits to collaborate privately!