Current employer: The Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research
Company website: http://www.stopsarcoidosis.org/
In 2000 I Co- founded The Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research (FSR), with my husband to fulfill a much needed gap in the healthcare system. In the last decade and a half, we have built the organization from a grassroots operation to a multi-million-dollar, internationally- renowned, award – winning medical research foundation. FSR partners with several pharmaceutical companies nationwide in addition to the National Institutes of Health.
As president of the organization I oversaw all business matters, conducted in person bi-annual Board of Director meetings, served and continue to serve as spokesperson for all non-scientific matters, created PSA’s, conducted on-air publicity promoting pre-event promotions, and served as an advocate for fellow sarcoidosis patients nationwide.
In 2014 I was awarded the “Sarcoidosis Person of the Year Award” In Dublin, Ireland. It was “In recognition of outstanding and invaluable contribution to sarcoidosis research”. To date, an award only received by international researchers in the field of sarcoidosis.
I graduated from the FBI Los Angeles Citizen’s Academy in the Fall of 2015 and embrace the mission of the FBI. I am deeply committed to continuing my work as an ambassador for the Bureau as a member of the Board of Directors.
Other Board involvement:
- New Point Mentoring Los Angeles- Vice President 2016- Current
- The Art Institute of Chicago Auxiliary Board Member – 2001-2009
- WASOG (World Association of Sarcoidosis and Other Granulomatous Disorders)- 2000- Current
- ATS / PAR (American Thoracic Society, Public Advisory Roundtable)
- Lincoln Park Neighbors for Safety
- University of Chicago Cancer Research, Women’s Board – Major supporter
- KISS Chicago – Board Member – 14 Years