Andrea B. Wilson
Current employer: The Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research (http://www.stopsarcoidosis.org)
In 2000 I co-founded the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research (FSR) to help fulfill a much-needed gap in the healthcare system. I served as the President of the Board of Directors from 2000 to 20015 and currently hold a seat on the Board of Directors as Chairman. In the last decade and a half I have helped build FSR into a multi-million dollar, internationally recognized, and award winning medical research foundation. Today, FSR is a public charity and the leading not for profit in the world supporting research around Sarcoidosis and providing support to patients and families struggling with the disease. FSR serves as the central hub for all Sarcoidosis information and partners with major pharmaceutical companies, leading research hospitals, the NIH, American Thoracic Society, The Chest Foundation, etc.
As President of FSR I oversaw all business matters, chaired in-person bi–annual Board of Directors meetings, oversaw staff and finances, served and continue to serve as a patient activist and major donor fundraiser, created PSAs, hosted webinars, conducted on -air publicity promoting pre – event publicity and fulfilled other such media needs.
In 2014 I was awarded the Sarcoidosis Person of the Year Award in Dublin, Ireland by the Irish Sarcoidosis Support Network. The award was given “In recognition of outstanding and invaluable contribution to sarcoidosis research” and I was second recipient. Dr. David Moller of John Hopkins Hospital (JHH), who heads the Carol Johnson Johns Sarcoid Clinic at JHH, was the first recipient in 2013.
- The Citizen’s Academy of Los Angeles – Graduated Fall 2015
- The Art Institute of Chicago – Auxiliary Board Member: 2001-2009
- World Association of Sarcoidosis and Other Granulomatous Disorders (WASOG): 2000- Now
- ATS / PAR (American Thoracic Society, Public Advisory Round table)
- Lincoln Park Neighbors for Safety: 2003-2013
- University of Chicago Cancer Research Women’s Board
- K.I.S.S. Chicago Sarcoidosis Fundraiser: 2000 – Present
- Graduate Studies, Art History, Theory and Criticism – Art Institute of Chicago
- Bachelor of Arts, Lake Forest College, Lake Forest, IL
- Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research, 2000-Present
- Fortune Magazine, 1993-1997